No dairy or blender needed for this soup. Swapping heavy cream for our Tuscan Tomato cheese alternative, lightens up this soup without sacrificing texture or flavor.
- 1 quartered yellow onion
- 2 smashed garlic cloves
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes and their liquid
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 Seeductive Food Tuscan Tomato wheel
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
1. In a soup pot or dutch oven, heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the tomatoes, onion, garlic cloves, and stock. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Cook soup uncovered at a very low simmer for 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Once cooked, remove onion quarters and garlic (discard or save for another dish). Stir in Seeductive Food Tuscan Tomato wheel. Add the sugar to balance any acidity and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Serve with fresh basil leaves and another drizzle of olive oil.