A twist on two of our favorite classic Italian meals. If you’re in a pinch for time, skip the eggplant for a more traditional stuffed shell.
- 1 large Italian eggplant, sliced in half lengthwise
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Seeductive Foods Garlic & Herb cheese alternative wheels
- 1 box jumbo pasta shells
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Prick cut side of eggplant with a fork a few times, then brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place cut side down on a parchment lined sheet tray and roast until flesh is soft and caramelized (~30 minutes, depending on the size of the eggplant).
- While the eggplant is roasting, cook the shells to al dente following the box instructions.
- Once the eggplant is cool enough to handle, scoop the flesh out and discard the skin. Purée the flesh in a food processor or use a fork to mash, leaving some chunks for texture. Mix the eggplant purée with the Seeductive Foods Garlic & Herb wheels, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the marinara sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Stuff the cooked shells with the cheese mixture and arrange in the dish, filling side up. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Combine bread crumbs, garlic powder, and parsley in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil so the bread crumbs are well coated. Remove foil from baking dish and top shells with bread crumb mixture. Bake until the bread crumbs are golden brown (~2-5 minutes). Serve with more sauce on the side.